PARISH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
HOURS: Part time
Provides general administrative support to the pastor and other designated staff as the pastor may direct. Manage special projects of varied sorts as directed by the pastor. Manage the flow of information into and out of the parish by various means.
- Completes general administrative duties for the pastor and other staff as directed by the pastor, which include word-processing, graphic design, record keeping and all basic office skills.
- Maintains the parish registry through Parish Soft making additions, deletions and other updates as needed, which includes updating weekly contributions in the parish database.
- Prepare the parish bulletin and manage the whole process from start to distribution, which requires competency with Office and Adobe.
- Manage and maintain the parish website and other social media, which is currently on the Word Press platform and Facebook.
- Prepare various parish publications, brochures and fliers as well as parish forms.
- Covers the basic duties of the parish receptionist when the receptionist is sick, on vacation, or otherwise unable to fulfill the duties. This includes offering reasonable backup if things get occasionally busier than normal. Such support is not intended to impede the primary duties of the Administrative Assistant.
- To maintain the highest standards of professionalism in all duties, especially treating all persons in accordance with their dignity as individuals created in the image and likeness of God.
EXPECTED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Baptized and practicing member of a Catholic Parish.
- Unswerving commitment to the mission of the parish, which is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Higher education is a plus.
- Self-starter and independent; able to plan and organize efficiently and effectively; works as an integral part of team.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher. Adobe Acrobat DC, InDesign and Photo Shop are a plus and will have to be learned if not familiar.
- The ability to honorably represent the parish to all.
- Proven experience in related responsibilities.
Resumes should be submitted to Angela DeSilvio either by mail or email as follows:
Christ the Redeemer Parish, 318 Carl Hasselhan Dr., Atco, NJ 08004